As a healthcare provider with deep roots in Colorado, InnovAge is proud to be a lead sponsor of History Colorado’s 2019-2020 lecture series.
In honor of more than 6,000 seniors we serve, we invite you to explore Colorado’s history and embark on a journey to see more of what it means to be a Coloradan. Enjoy history brought to life through wild stories about Colorado’s governors, an insider’s look at the Colorado Ski Patrol, accounts of the Ute peoples’ contributions to science, and more. There’s much to learn in this year’s series!
History Colorado Lecture Series
- Sept. 16, 2019 – An Overview of Notable Colorado Governors with Governor Richard Lamm
- Oct. 21, 2019 – 140 Years of History Colorado with Michael Vincent
- Nov. 18, 2019 – Colorado’s Ski Patrol with Eric Miller and John Cameron
- Jan. 20, 2020 – The Other Slavery with Andrés Reséndez
- Feb. 17, 2020 – La Cultura y El Movimiento: Juanita Dominguez with Flor Lavato
- March 16, 2020 – Colorado’s First Scientists with Alden Naranjo, Terry Knight, Sr., Betsy Chapoose, Cassandra Atencio. Moderated by Liz Cook and Shannon Voirol
- April 20, 2020 – Studying the Sun in Colorado with Dr. Thomas J. Bogdan
- May 18, 2020 – The Woolly West: Colorado’s Hidden History of Sheepscapes with Dr. Andrew Gulliford
- June 15, 2020 – Immigration to the Centennial State: What’s True and What’s New with Dr. William Wei, State Historian
Learn more about the History Colorado Lecture Series presented by InnovAge and buy tickets today.
For more than 20 years, InnovAge has helped seniors live life independently and and in their own homes for as long as possible, primarily through the Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly, or PACE. InnovAge is Colorado's largest provider of PACE, serving seniors and their caregivers in communities along the Front Range.