InnovAge's top priority is always the well-being of our participants and our staff.
Here, we will share updates and answer questions related to participants and their family caregivers. Content will be updated as needed.
PACE and LIFE Centers are Open
InnovAge’s primary objective is the safety and health of our participants and staff. All InnovAge centers are open and operational. We continue to monitor both internal and external metrics related to infection rates and positive cases in the community. Exposures in a center will be tracked, with an immediate review to assess the potential impact on participants and staff. Additional action, including adjusting operations, schedules, or closing the center, may follow.
In addition to in-center care, InnovAge continues to provide care and support to participants at home and in the community, as well as through telehealth. The care participants receive is based on individualized needs and priorities. These include:
- Telehealth services to connect with participants in their homes.
- Nutrition, including food preparation and delivery
- Medication administration and delivery
- Showers and other personal care needs
- Rehabilitation services
- Wellness visits
- Specialty appointments
For more information, see our participant and caregiver FAQs.
- PACE or LIFE participants and their caregivers: Please contact your local center director or clinic staff.
- Media: Please contact InnovAge's communications department