Participant Rights

All of us at InnovAge share responsibility for your care

At InnovAge, we are always trying to improve our services. If you are not satisfied, we want you to tell us right away.

How to file a grievance
If you are not happy or satisfied with any of the services offered through InnovAge, you can let any staff person know.

You or your family caregiver can also fill out and submit an InnovAge is Listening Form. Give the form to any employee at your center. You can also have a staff member complete a form for you.

Read this guide for instructions on how to file a grievance, including contact information.

How to file an appeal
If InnovAge PACE decides not to provide or pay for a service you feel you need, you may ask us change our decision. This is called an appeal. If you wish to file an appeal, we are available to assist you.

Read this guide for instructions on how to file an appeal, including contact information.

Rights and responsibilities upon disenrollment
If you choose to leave the program, read this guide to help you through the process with information and instructions for disenrollment.

How to appoint a representative with CMS Form 1696
Send this form to the same location where you are sending (or have already sent) your appeal if you are filing an appeal, grievance or complaint if you are filing a grievance or complaint, or an initial determination or decision if you are requesting an initial determination or decision.

If additional help is needed, contact 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or your Medicare plan. TTY users please call 1-877-486-2048.

Please note that InnovAge PACE participants must receive all needed healthcare, including primary care and specialist physician services (other than emergency services) from InnovAge or a person or company authorized by InnovAge. InnovAge PACE participants may be fully and personally liable for the costs of any out-of-network services.  

Page Updated: 12/3/18