After 20 years of caring for families at Pueblo Community Health Center, Dr. Rona Knudsen embraces her role as InnovAge PACE’s Center Medical Director, helping vulnerable older adults in the community. <br />
Nine Signs it Might be Time to Stop Driving
August 17, 2022
Talk with your doctor about any changes in your health that might impact driving. This can include joint stiffness that makes it hard to turn your neck or the wheel, or if you notice any problems hearing or seeing clearly.
Here are nine signs to be mindful of while driving:
- Close calls with other drivers
- Other drivers honk at you frequently
- Many accidents, even if they are minor fender-benders
- You notice you keep drifting into other lanes
- Confusing the gas and brake pedals
- Misjudging left-hand turns
- Increased irritability while driving
- Driving at the wrong speed
- Driving with the emergency brake on
The information in this article and on InnovAge’s website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new healthcare regimen.