After 20 years of caring for families at Pueblo Community Health Center, Dr. Rona Knudsen embraces her role as InnovAge PACE’s Center Medical Director, helping vulnerable older adults in the community. <br />
Wisdom from PACE Participants
February 18, 2020
Advice for a Younger Person
- You have only so many years. Enjoy them!
- Obey your parents. It doesn’t cost anything to be nice.
- Surround yourself with positive people and have faith in your abilities.
- Follow your passion. Do what you like to do!
- Adapt to old age – sometimes it’s kind of messy. Don’t worry about wrinkles.
The Best Thing About Getting Older
- You are wiser. I have some nuggets to drop on younger people if they will listen. You don’t get old being stupid.
- You think more about what is right and wrong.
- The best thing about getting older is you get away with a lot of crap and you get good senior discounts.
Myths about Getting Older
- Older peoples live to sit in their rocking chair and do nothing. Many older people are an asset to their family and community.
- When you get old, you lose spunk. We still kick, just not as high.
Do you have any advice, myths, or other pearls of wisdom to share?
If think PACE may be a fit for you or a loved one, take this self-assessment and have a senior care expert contact you directly.